I just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself to everyone, some of you know me and some will be meeting me for the first time.
During your entire stay at Swallow's Nest you’ll enjoy the nearness of Taproot Farms’ organic orchards, fields and animals. You can watch the daily routine of a working family farm.
But don’t worry, there’ll be no nagging chores, you’ll be on a relaxing vacation!
The ample room at Swallow’s Nest makes it an ideal location to share with friends and family.
We also welcome friendly, well mannered four-legged members of the family. Choosing Swallow's Nest for your vacation means there's no need for any separation anxiety for you, your kids or your pet
Our farmstay is especially suited for families with young children.
Josh and Patricia have three children of their own who can help your kids make a strong and lasting connection between food, farms and fun.
If they like, visiting children will be able to collect eggs, visit the pigs or piglets, and take walks through the orchard and trails with Frank, Lily or Izaak (who are now 5, 7 and 11-years old!
We can also arrange a trip to harvest corn or another crop. Then your family can enjoy this "just picked" food for lunch or supper. Now, that’s fresh and knowing where food comes from. Adults too may discover a farm activity to enjoy.
There’s nothing like the taste of an egg when you’ve brought it straight from the hen to the pot, or a salad for supper when you’ve chosen your own greens!
- Easily accommodates 2 sets of adults in private bedrooms (1 king and 1 queen).
- Children can enjoy sharing a dorm with lots of comfortable beds and their own living-play area on the second floor.
- Two bathrooms and a large sauna.
- Wireless Internet.
- Crib is available.
- We are happy to discuss any special needs your family may have.
- Swallows’ Nest is located in a private setting at the end of a country lane on Taproot Farms, it's a 5-minute walk from the main farmhouse.
- We are just over one hour from the Halifax Regional Municipality and/or Halifax's International Airport.
- A scenic 10-minute drive from Wolfville, home of Acadia University.
- Our rural community of Starrs Point, Kings County, is also home to Canada’s first experimental farm, dyke lands, and Foxhill Cheese House. The history and future of Canada's farms is immediately evident in our neighbourhood.