TapRoot CSA - Week 11
CSA - Week 11
What's in your share this week? - taprootfarms.ca/shares
Organic Spy apples, ready for the crisp they will become.
- Frozen blueberries for Full Monty and Fruit shares
- Frozen Zucchini for Full Monty and Veggie shares
- The meat share is Deli ham - smoked and ready to eat - and either Chicken wings or Drumsticks.
- Tomorrow, March 28th, is the last day to get your maple syrup in for delivery next week. $30 for 2 liters
- Courtney and Kingsley have arrived back on the farm from Jamaica, today being their first day at work. In the next few weeks more people will be arriving as the farm ramps up for all that spring brings.
- If you want to use only half, feel free to thaw then refreeze your frozen zucchini. It's worked well for us in the past.
- The mint and nettle tea is organic mint and nettle that is grown here at the farm. It was harvested and dried in Noggins dryer, then we took it off the stems and ground it up. It was then taken over to the Flower Cart, who employs members of the community who would otherwise not have the opportunity for meaningful employment, and they bagged it up. We made small 5 pack samples so we could send it out to the CSA members but keep the price point low. We hope you enjoy it!
available as an add on.
We have a limited amount of fresh Organic Greenhouse Spinach available on Add on's
$9.00 for a half pound bag.
The Frozen zucchini would be great in a soup, stew, or stir fry, where ever you would use fresh grated zucchini.
It would also be great in these Zucchini Cheddar Muffins:
Turnip/Rutabaga and apple bake: A savory dish that would go well with pork.
Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings or drumsticks:
The Fleet. We got another mini truck/van for harvesting and bringing in vegetables. These are super useful in the fields.
Have a great week!
Justine and the whole TapRoot Team